Associate Vice President, Due Diligence
Bluerock is a leading institutional alternative asset management and investment company with more $14 Billion in assets under management and 150 employees nationwide.
We are currently seeking an Associate Vice President in our Due Diligence department with 5+ years of financial services / investment experience and ideally having worked for a broker-dealer, RIA, bank, and/or professional investment company. The position will interact with multiple departments including accounting, compliance, due diligence, executive management and capital markets teams.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Real Estate, Legal or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and of alternative investment asset classes;
- Understanding of financial statements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Strong analytical capabilities; able to synthesize complex or diverse information;
- Solid problem-solving abilities; able to anticipate and respond to Due Diligence questions from the field;
- General understanding of domestic financial markets;
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; manages multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary.
- Assist in the completion of due diligence questionnaires from participating broker-dealers, RIAs, and third-party due diligence firms;
- Maintain all due diligence records, files, and requests across all investment products;
- Respond to ad hoc requests, research projects from both internal and external sources;
- Support Bluerock’s National Accounts Team to further develop and enhance the company’s relationships with selling investment firms. This will primarily include: 1) fulfilling due diligence requests, 2) participating on firm conference calls; and 3) occasionally travel and participate in meetings at conferences and/or investment firm offices;
- Perform comparative investment analysis on multiple investment alternatives to assess differences in performance, risks, markets, fees, etc;
- Contribute to financial markets / industry news and commentary / research white papers / blogs / commentary / thought leadership;
- Assist in the design and creation of educational materials and modules centered around relevant commercial real estate developments and investing in asset classes of focus at Bluerock;
- Maintain a high level of compliance awareness and knowledge;
- Compose and produce work in a fast-paced environment where speed and accuracy are required; and
- Maintain responsibility and accountability on every project.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please tell us why in your cover letter and email this along with your resume in PDF or Word format. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Medical/Dental/Vision and 401K benefits. Flexible, hybrid office / work-from-home schedule.
Location: Remote or Newport Beach, CA Office
Compensation: Competitive Salary BOE, annual bonus potential and comprehensive benefits.